APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW
When families need a little financial boost to get kids involved in a sport, dance team or other active program, they need to fill out an application. This needs to be done before the fees are due, as the money goes right to the organization. Applications for assistance can typically be submitted from January 15 to November 1; with the goal for funding to be equitably distributed over Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter activities.
Your family meets our financial need requirements and your kid is registered, but what about the skates/cleats/racquets/gloves/helmets/uniforms they need to play? Not to worry. Jumpstart has you covered. The application asks for equipment details. Funds can also be provided for adaptive equipment to help kids with special needs.
Some other important points to note as part of the application process:
• Cheques are made payable to the service organization identified as the “Payee” in the application form. The Payee is a service organization (such as a local Hockey Association or gymnastic club) which coordinates the sports or physical activity on behalf of the qualifying youth/child.
• Cheques are never sent to the parent/guardian directly.
• All approvals are at the sole discretion of the local Jumpstart Chapter and designated Canadian Tire Regional Manager; and are subject to local demands and Chapter budgets.
If you have additional questions, call 1-844-YES-PLAY.
WANT TO APPLY?
If you are a parent or guardian, you can apply for funding on behalf of your child/children by clicking on the Start Application button below. All information provided will be kept confidential.
Before you start, we ask that you first be able to answer “Yes” to the following questions:
• Is the child on whose behalf you are applying between the ages of 4-18?
• Is the funding that you require for a program involving a sport or physical activity?
• Is your family in a demographic which would be considered in financial need (as defined by Government guidelines)? Click here to check if you meet the financial need criteria.
If you can answer “Yes” to all 3 questions, then you will need to provide the following information as part of the application process. Be sure to have them handy once you click on the Start Application button:
• Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number and email address).
• The first name, last name, gender and date of birth of your child.
• The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate.
• The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart.
• The name of the non-profit/charitable/service organization (Payee) running the sport or physical activity program.
Funds or equipment are provided directly to the Payee on behalf of the qualifying youth or child.
• Proof of financial need. Any one of the following will suffice as proof of financial need—income assessment, prior year T4 statement or three consecutive pay stubs. Instructions will be provided in the application on how to upload a copy of these documents.